A journey down the rabbit hole of resources and options
The current situation business owners are facing with COVID 19 is extremely stressful. Many businesses are closed or closing for the duration of their areas social distancing response. Employees and self employed are worried how they will cover their bills for the near future and beyond. Those confined home are struggling to get work done or keep themselves focused. Wow that is depressing and scary.
The good news.
There are resources out there for businesses to maintain and to support the workforce during the quarantine enforced shutdown. Changes companies are quickly implementing are working; remote work, remote classes, electronic communication for invoicing and payments. Many companies and organizations are providing classes or virtual social gatherings to help maintain or build community connections.
Find what you need.
Stay up to date on COVID-19 and the response in your area.
- World Health Organization (who.int),
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (cdc.gov)
- Washington State: doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus) or search for the Department of Health in your area
Explore resources for supporting your company and staff. Resources are available and more are in discussion and development.
- Governor Inslee’s office list of resources https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-resources-businesses-and-workers.
- WA Employment Security https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19
- Federally, benefits.gov and www.disasterassistance.gov. These are clearinghouses of programs.
- SBA Disaster Loans https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ or contact your local SBA lenders, resource or program office
Make the best use of your time
- Working from home can be a blessing or a curse. LinkedIn’s recent blog post not only explains how to stay in the know with COVID-19 but offers a list of classes to help establish and improve working from home https://blog.linkedin.com/2020/march/10/staying-informed-and-connected-resources-to-help-navigate-work-and-coronavirus
- Washington Small Business Development Centers WSBDC Business Resiliency Webinars https://wsbdc.org/protect-your-business/business-resiliency/
- Washington PTAC’s latest newsletter has great advice, additional resources and upcoming webinars: https://mailchi.mp/washingtonptac/november-p-talk-bid-opportunities-news-upcoming-events-1147057
- Our webinars as well check out the calendar https://www.tworiverscdc.org/calendar/
Use these resources to find your focus, or support. If you need help navigating these rabbit holes, contact Two Rivers for guidance.