- This event has passed.
Understanding and Obtaining the SBA’s WOSB and EDWOSB Certifications
April 14, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am PDTFree
Woman-owned small businesses can receive important contracting preferences with the federal government, including set-aside contracts and sole source awards. But the WOSB and EDWOSB program has been experiencing some growing pains since it began, and confusion remains widespread regarding the program’s requirements. In this course, government contracts attorney Steven Koprince provides a comprehensive overview of the legal aspects of the WOSB and EDWOSB program, including:
- Self-certification versus formal certification: the status of the law, and the upcoming requirement for all WOSBs and EDWOSBs to be certified.
- Using third-party certifiers: pluses, minuses, and more.
- WOSB ownership and control requirements: WOSB status means much more than 51% woman ownership.
- EDWOSB net worth and income restrictions.
- Other WOSB and EDWOSB eligibility criteria.
- WOSB joint venturing, including the SBA’s recent overhaul of the requirements for WOSBs to form joint ventures.
Target Audience: Small Business Owners