- This event has passed.
2016 Northwest Aerospace & Defense Symposium
May 18, 2016 - May 19, 2016Varies on Participation
*All attendees are subject to screening by Joint Base Lewis-McChord security. Please see below new ID Requirements. Standard Washington Driver’s Licenses will not be accepted as ID to pick up your access credentials.
This two-day symposium brings together aerospace, defense and unmanned systems business and government leaders to discuss new developments and business opportunities in aerospace, space, defense & security.
Increase awareness about current initiatives, learn about government contracting opportunities, connect with prime contractors, and network with key government leaders.
Wednesday, May 18th
Global Defense Spending is Changing – Insight into defense budgets, key regions, countries and ongoing developments, DoD aircraft acquisition, manned and unmanned, and Aerospace & Defense industrial base manufacturing trends
Ron Stearns, Business Development Manager, Robotics and Unmanned Systems, The Velocity Group
Long Range Strike Bomber Program – insights on likely design, capabilities and how companies can position themselves to compete as suppliers to primes
Dr. Rebecca Grant – President & CEO, IRIS Independent Research
Boeing in Washington – Our Future Together
Bill McSherry – Vice President of Government Relations and Global Corporate Citizenship, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Aerospace and Defense Industry: Policy, Budget and Innovation Challenges
John Luddy – Vice President, National Security Policy, Aerospace Industries Association
What’s Needed for the Future – The Battle Against Obsolescence and Counterfeit Risk
Jay Schmidt – Executive VP & General Manager, Silicon Forest Electronics
Thursday, May 19th
Address By: U.S. Congressman Adam Smith, Ranking Member, House Armed Services Committee
Address By: U.S. Congressman Derek Kilmer, Appropriations Committee
Updates and Priorities from JBLM
COL Daniel S. Morgan – Commander, Joint Base Lewis-McChord
What is Next in Military Spending and Priorities?
J.J. Gertler – Military Aviation Analyst, Defense Policy & Arms Control,
Congressional Research Service – Washington D.C.
Doing Business with Prime Contactors
Jerad Kaliher – Strategic Sourcing Manager, Mission Equipment, LifePort | Enflite
Colonel Curt R. Simonson – Commander, 56th Theater Information Operations Group (TIOG), Washington National Guard
A World of Opportunity: Exporting and Importing Best Practices
Akana Ma – Partner, Chair of Global Trade Group, Ater Wynne LLP
Updates and Priorities for the Army Corp of Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Y. Park – Deputy Commander, Seattle District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This is a rare opportunity to bring together subject matter experts on a broad range of topics. Join us for these small group breakouts ….. and bring your questions.
- Procurement Officers Panel: Doing Business with Military Agencies
- Lenneia R. Jennings – Chief, Office of Small Business Programs U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Seattle District
- Vincent Marsh – Director Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) JBLM
- Bob Mullen – Co-founder, CORTAC Group
- FAA Updates for the Unmanned Vehicle Industry
- Matt Gammon, Tactical Operations Specialist, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Research & Development Panel: Support for Your Next Big Idea
- Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- TJ Crane – Associate, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- Beyond Our Borders Panel: Resources for Northwest Exporters
- Diane Mooney – Director, U.S. Commercial Service Seattle, U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Administration
- Liz Lasater – CEO, Red Arrow Logistics
- Robynne Davis – Business Development Director, Verbio
Please contact Kate at email@example.com / 888-701-7632 for information on sponsorship, speaking opportunities and display table purchase.
All attendees will need to present acceptable government issued I.D. for base access. Below are examples of the acceptable I.D.
- Oregon Driver’s License*
- Washington Enhanced Driver’s License
- U.S. Passport and Standard Washington Driver’s License*
* Due to the REAL ID Act of 2005, Washington, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota and American Samoaense standard driver’s licenses/identification cards are only accepted when presented with a current U.S. Passport or other I.D. listed at: http://bit.ly/21eMff5. All other U.S. state standard driver’s licenses/identification cards are accepted as I.D. for base access.
American Lake Conference Center on base at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM)
8085 NCO Beach Road