The SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program may be the single most powerful socioeconomic preference program available to government contractors. Combining hands-on business development assistance with powerful opportunities to receive set-aside and sole source contracts, the 8(a) Program is the government’s primary vehicle to boost the prospects of small, disadvantaged businesses.
In this session, government contracts attorney Steven Koprince provides an overview of the nuts and bolts of 8(a) Program eligibility and participation, including:
* 8(a) application and admission statistics- why 2017 may be a good year to apply.
* Social eligibility criteria (contrary to common misconception, 8(a) program eligibility is not limited to minority-owned businesses).
* Economic eligibility criteria- net worth and income requirements.
* The “two years in business” rule and other “potential for success” requirements.
* Other eligibility criteria and common application mistakes.
* What to expect in the application process.
* Maintaining ongoing 8(a) eligibility – key considerations.
*Is the 8(a) program right for me? Business considerations.
*If you’ve thought about applying to the 8(a) program, but aren’t sure whether to take the next steps, this course is for you.
Target Audience: Small Business Owners
Presenter: Steven Koprince is the Managing Partner at Koprince Law in Lawrence KS with a practice focusing on federal government contracts and small business law. He is also the author of The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts (AMACOM Books, 2012), and has published a number of articles on government contracting (to include teaming), which have appeared in leading legal and industry publications. Steven has spoken to audiences across the country on government contracting and small business matters, and blogs regularly on similar topics at SmallGovCon (smallgovcon.com).
All Govology webinars are recorded and available free at any time to our Native PTAC clients who have created a free account with Govology.com.
Contact us at Info@NativePTAC.org for instructions and login information