- This event has passed.
Wildland Fire Contractor Training, Certfications, & Small Business Resources – Colville
November 10, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm PSTFree
10am – 12pm PST Wildland Fire Contractor Training
This workshop is specific to contractor wanting to do respond to wildland fires on the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation.
- Understanding of the Region 6 source list
- Understanding Mount Tolman Fire Management Procurement Process
- Understanding of Tribal registration, certifications and TERO requirements
- Why, where, and how to register as a federal contractor
- Applying for your Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS)
- Small business owners and staff
This presentation is designed for: Small business owners and staff
1pm – 2pm PSTNative Business Certifications
There are many business certifications out there. What are they? Are they necessary? Which ones do I qualify for? How do I used them? This workshop will help determine what is a good fit for your business.
Expected outcomes: Attendees will become familiar with the requirements and programs support by theses certifications:
- Federal 8(a)
- Veteran and Service Disabled Veteran
- Woman Owned
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Minority and/or Women’s Business Enterprises (State M/WBEs)
- Native Owned Business Enterprises (NAOB)
- Tribal certifications
This presentation is designed for: Small business owners and staff, tribal council, economic development directors, enterprise managers, and other senior staff
3pm – 4pm PST Small Business Resources and Tools
This workshop is an overview of the free national and local resources available to small business owners.
Expected outcomes: Attendees will become familiar with and receive contact information on these and other programs:
- Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
- Small Business Development Centers
- Veteran Business Programs
- Women’s Small Business Development program
- Small Business Administration
- State programs and more
This presentation is designed for: Small business owners and staff, economic development directors, enterprise manager