Changes effective January 1, 2016
Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business has changed their name to Certification Office of Business Inclusion and Diversity or COBID.
The new Service Disabled Veteran Certification became effective as well and uses the same application process. Please use the contact our office for additional information.
The Office of Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business (OMWESB) NOW Certification Office of Business Inclusion and Diversity or COBID is the sole certification authority for the state of Oregon and provides a “one-stop” certification process. Certification opens the door to targeted government contracting opportunities. Certifications include:
- Federally funded transportation related projects
- Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (ACDBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (DBE)
- Contracting opportunities with state, county and city government agencies and special jurisdictions (e.g., hospitals and universities)
- Minority Business Enterprise Program (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise Program (WBE)
- Emerging Small Business Program (ESB)
- New Service Disabled Veteran Certification (uses the same application)
- Legislation passed during the 2015 session that creates a new Service Disabled Veteran Certification becomes effective January 1, 2016. If interested, contact our office to be placed on a notification list.
Recognized minority groups: Black American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific American and Subcontinent Asian American