Native PTAC and Tulalip Tribes TERO are pleased to offer two free workshops for small business interested, or already engaged, in government contracting.
Free Small Business Workshops – Open to the Public!
Government 101 – Is the Government Your Next Client? April 14, 2016 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
This workshop will cover the basics of government contracting, procurement procedures, registrations, certifications, and Native business programs.
• Understanding of the procurement process
• Understanding the factors to a go/ no go decision
• Understanding the use of and differences between different business certifications
• How to find opportunities and market research
• Why, where, and how to register as a federal contractor
• Identifying other business resources
• Bidding tips from Contracting Officers
Marketing to Government Agencies and Prime Contractors April 14, 2016 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This workshop will cover how to promote your business to government agencies and prime contractors.
• How to find and identify business North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes
• Sources of market research
• System for Award Management (SAM) and the Dynamic Small Business Search registration and profiles
• How to develop elevator pitch, capability statements, business cards, etc
• Use of social media and websites
• Understanding the roles of Small Business Liaison Officers
Workshops will be held at:
Tulalip Tribal Administration Bldg. Room 264
6406 Marine Drive, Tulalip, WA