- This event has passed.
USACE Walla Walla District Industry Day
October 13, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm PDTVaries
The Walla Walla District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is hosting a free seminar for business owners and representatives on Thursday, October 13th, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to present training on how to do business with the Corps.
- ‘Industry Day’ activities will be held at Walla Walla District headquarters, 201 North Third Avenue.
- There is no charge to participate.
- Registration and Government Issued ID are required for admission to the event.
- Due to security requirements, please do not bring tablets or laptop devices.
- Foreign National Visitor Requests are required no later than August 31st.
- This Industry Day event features informational briefings presented by district staff, opportunities to take part in roundtable discussions and information about upcoming contracting opportunities.
- Topics to be covered:
- SBA Regulatory & Legislative updates;
- Program & Contracting Processes:
- System for Award Management (SAM);
- Market Research/Sources Sought;
- Indefinite Delivery Contracts;
- What we Buy; and
- Forecast of Upcoming Opportunities
- Corps panel discussion focused on Doing Business with the Corps; and
- A Small Business Panel discussing Socio-Economic Programs in contracting with the government.
- Lunch options may be available on a pay-as-you go basis. Participants may also make their lunch arrangements in the nearby community.
- Networking is encouraged during the lunch break and following the official event activities.
- Contractors with little or no experience doing business with the government are encouraged to contact their respective Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) and Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) for established training programs.