- This event has passed.
Do You Provide PTSD Services to Native American Veterans?
December 14, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
This webinar, “An Overview of PTSD and Treatment Perspectives Among Native American Veterans” will air next Monday, December 14, 2015 “Cultural Competency and Awareness”. The webinar facilitator is Native Scholar and Tribal Veteran, Greg Urquhart.
Webinar Description and Objectives
This workshop will provide information on reports by researchers that Native American’s tend to greatly underutilize healthcare resources provided to them. This has been believed to be because a majority of psychological services are based on a western model of mind body dualism and are not representative of an indigenous world view of holistic healing, which is common among Native American veterans with a traditional worldview.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Identify preferences for aspects of treatment/healing programs, as reported by Native American (NA) Veterans that would facilitate engagement in the healing process.
2. Examine NA Veterans attitudes, beliefs and perceptions toward PTSD and its treatment/healing.
3. Recognize “military culture” in assessing and managing NA Veterans with PTSD.
There is no fee to participate in this webinar. The session is open and registration is not required. Use the link/ instructions below on the day of the presentation to be connected.
1. Go to: http://ihs.adobeconnect.com/ihsrounds
2. Select the “Enter as a Guest” option.
3. Input your name (first and last) in the Name box.
4. The passcode is: rounds
5. Press the “Enter Room Button”
Adobe Connect First Time Users
The IHS uses Adobe Connect for online meetings. If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before, please test your connection before the session. http://ihs.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
You must have a computer with broadband Internet access. For the best experience viewing the videos, use Internet Explorer 7 or greater and Flash 8 player. Click on the “Flash” icon to install the player, if necessary. If you have any trouble viewing the video trainings, contact us at ALB_AO.email@example.com for alternate viewing options. If you have trouble viewing this training on-line, check your system to make sure you have the appropriate hardware and software. If you need help or have any questions, please send an email to ALB_AO.firstname.lastname@example.org.