Is it Overhead or G & A
September 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDTFree
Budgeting and bookkeeping, these tasks are a necessary skill all businesses MUST have in order to successfully run and grow. one of the tricky areas is categorizing your expenses. You might ask aren’t overhead and G&A (general and administrative) the same? How are you handling the costs of running a business in your pricing? Some companies calculate costs, then mark up a flat percentage. Others list separately then split the percentage to charge the same amount. But these decisions lead to losing money. If you are a government contractor, you will be asked for separate rates. Can you answer that request?
Melanie Boyd will explain the difference between these to groups of expenses, where your expenses fall, and help you understand why the separation and why certain expenses cannot be added to government contracts.
- Learn the difference between overhead and G & A
- Learn how to calculate and apply overhead and G&A rates
- Learn why some companies combine overhead and G&A into a single “mark-up” rate
Presenter: Melanie Boyd:
- Chair; Business and Technology, Gulf Coast State College
- Education Specialist (EdS) Curriculum and Instruction University West Florida
- Graduate Certificate Human Performance Technology University West Florida
- Master of Business Administration, Florida State University
- Boyd Construction Specialties, Inc. — Bookkeeper/Finance Officer